Thursday, March 24, 2011

Getting Fit

So about a month ago it hit me that I needed to start getting into shape again and start really working out. Since it was still pretty cold outside and I was just not feeling the whole P90x workouts I decided to just kind of play around with our Wii fit, so I tried the free running and I started out really light and only went for 10 minutes and I ran a WHOLE 1.2 miles without even taking a little break! This was huge for me and it felt so good. Everyday I would push myself a little farther and then eventually I made it up to 20 minutes of straight running. I even got Zac to start doing it with me :) Now I am up to 30 minutes and our average distance is 5.6 miles!!! I am so excited I can't even handle it and I feel great, and I have not had any arthritis pains the whole time....plus to all of this is I have lost 4 pounds which means I am closer to my ultimate goal!
Now Zac is thinking we need to start running for 40 minutes and he is giving me one more week at 30 minutes each time. We have even thought that once the weather starts getting a little nicer we are going to start running outside and we have decided that our long term goal to this is to be able to run a marathon!! I know it sounds crazy but I am excited for this new adventure! I think this weekend we are going to look at some different marathons and see which one we want to do.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you....trying to get back in shape after you have taken a break is really hard. I proud of you both. I'm not looking forward to the time I have to start after I get this baby out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is so hard to get back into a routine of working out when I haven't really done anything for a year haha...I am so excited for you guys!!! You will have to let us know what you are having when you find out! Oh and we still need to all get together! Maybe sometime in April we can have a game night!

    ReplyDelete